Thursday, April 21, 2011

Bama!

Bridge flew into Panama City last Saturday and we went straight to Bonefish to meet up with Kent.  I overate, Bridge overdrank...which I love because it only takes one glass of wine for her to start telling me things that I know she wouldn't if she were sober.

The next morning, we started heading to Alabama.  Of course, as soon as we hit the border...I had to find the closest rest area...  Anywayz, our plan was Dreamland Barbecue, Bellingrath Gardens, and then lounging at the pool.

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist the BBQ Nachos!

Then we went to Beliingrath Gardens.
Yes she did!!
 

Then, some boring old people came up behind us.  They were not thrilled with Bridge "riding the pony".  But their twentyish year old son thought it was amusing!
We had a great time and I knocked out four of the 1000 Places.  I was VERY surprised by how much I enjoyed Alabama.  Very pretty and the Grand Hotel Marriott was so great and relaxing and beautiful.  Definitely worth the trip!!  Next time I actually plan to play at the golf course on the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail:)


27.  Alabama Barbecue


 28.  Bellingrath Gardens



29.  Mobile Bay's Eastern Shore and the Alabama Gulf Coast....Grand Hotel Marriott-Point Clear



30.  Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail






1 comment:

  1. Love the blue dress. It was a very southern dress to sport in such a dreamy state! P.S. Did you go into Dothan for my birthday present! Roll Tide or a.k.a "RoTi" That's how the true bamians say it!

    ReplyDelete