Sunday, November 20, 2011

Honolulu 50,51,52,53

50.  Waikiki Beach




Kent and I arrived in Honolulu a day before everyone else, so we got a night to ourselves on Waikiki Beach.  We walked around, had a few cocktails and decided we were hungry.  Then suddenly it hit us how tired we were because we didn't sleep the night before and couldn't sleep on the 10 hour flight.  We ended up having room service and went to bed no later than 8.

51.  Hanauma Bay

SuperDavid
Hanauma Bay was one of my favorite stops in Hawaii.  It is simply gorgeous.  Casey and Katrina brought their kids and we all got to hang out at one of the most beautiful places in the entire world. 

Even though it rained for the first couple of hours while Julie, Indy, and I huddled under our towels eating goldfish, we spent the whole day there and I loved every minute.


This is one of my fave photos from the whole trip, Lindsay and I were laughing at Philip's mad photography skills.  You rock P-Dawg.



52.  North Shore Surfing



Aw, the North Shore.  What a day!?  We went on a scenic tour of the island.  We went to lunch at the Hukilau Cafe which is home to the Hklilau Burger that is the most delicious burger I've ever had.  It has a fried egg, grilled onions, a patty, teriyaki beef, and cheese.  My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

I am going to choose to forget Kent jumping four times off an enormous boulder into the crashing waves.  I am going to also forget him getting "twist turned upside down" in the surf.  It was very traumatic for me.  At least he had fun...and he's insured, right?!


We went to this little shrimp stand that had the best shrimp ever.  I dare to say, it may even be better than the bang bang shrimp at Bonefish.

53.  Diamond Head
On our last day in Hawaii, we made our last stop at Diamond Head.  Next time I plan to hike it.

Me and Kent at a Diamond Head lookout.



2 comments:

  1. No way...better than bang bang??? I just can't imagine this utopia!

    ReplyDelete