Friday, February 18, 2011

Hidey Ho

I've been longing, yearning, dying for some new dadgum...cotton pickin...down home new cowboy boots. 

Even though I L-O-V-E my old ones.  They're brown, worn, and beautiful.  My grandmother gave them to me when I was in college about fifteen years ago.  They have meaning and history. 

They just have one HUGE setback...they're plastic.  They squeak and it's so embarrassing.  I feel like everyone is staring and making fun of them.  I love animals and all, but cowboy boots are suppose to be made of cool things like snake skin or alligator skin or leather or maybe even cooler things like dragon skin!!! 

I don't know that I'll ever part with my old ones!  Let me rephrase that that, I'll part with them as soon as I get the new pair, but I won't part with the memory of them:)


Check out that shiny plastic look!

1 comment: