Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Da Bomb!

I live in the sunny, happy, pleasant town of Niceville, FL.  I love it here.  Just 5 miles from the most beautiful white sand beach.  A short walk to the bay...and every morning I am awakened by the sound of bombs going off.  Yes, that's right, bombs.

I live near two air force bases and they own a lot of the land around my house and set off test bombs.  Or at least I guess that's what they are.  It's not something I really think about until it's early morning and my windows are rattling. 

When I first moved here it freaked me out a little, but now, well it still kinda freaks me out.  I seriously thought we were being invaded by aliens or something the first time I heard them.  As I'm writing this, they are going off in the background.

They're like music to my ears.

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure it's not you dropping a little bomb of your own?

    ReplyDelete