Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Anyone wanna come to Thomasville?

31. Plantation Country-Thomasville, GA

Well this answer is no.  Nobody wanted to come with me or they had other stuff going on.  So I had to go alone.  It's on my 1000 Places to See and I had really been wanting to go checkout plantation country for a while now.

I looked up places to stop on trip advisor and picked out the for sure places I wanted to go see.  There was one place that I was really looking forward to...The Sweet Grass Dairy.  It's a cheese shop and it was the first place I stopped...too bad it's closed on Mondays:(  All the cheeses looked so good from the window!!

Then I walked around all the town shops.  It really is a cute little town.  They have all sorts of great shops and diners. Warning...most of the shops are closed on Mondays.........but I didn't let that stop me.

I decided to head to the Museum of History to take a tour.  I maybe would have decided differently if I had known I would be the only one on the tour.  It was a little embarrassing.  And it was with this guy about my age who was very nice, but maybe a little strange.  There were four different houses that we would walk into and tour around.  Let's face it, it was a little creepy.  Each house had to be unlocked with a key and then had to be locked back up.  He was the kind of guy that when he gets really nervous he starts talking a lot and really fast.  Which was really great cause I got to hear all the good gossip about the families that owned the house, but he would talk so fast that I couldn''t really understand what he was saying. 



Yes, me, the weird person taking a photo of herself.

Again, taking another photo of myself in the Thomasville Rose Garden.



Me again.
...and again. See what I have to resort to when no one comes with me to these things. A whole lotta pics of my boring old self!!  Who's interested in coming on my next trip?


Just some cool old houses!


 
So, in the end, I knocked one off the list and learned a lot about all the Thomasville town gossip in the process.  I kinda want to go back and just listen to the tour guide talk because he really had a lot to say.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Did not know Thomasville was ACTUALLY useful for something. I would have actually stopped there instead of just blowing through it as fast as possible to get back to Destin :o

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who's going with me?!

    ReplyDelete