Monday, October 24, 2011

Haute Doggie Style!!





So I love hot dogs.  I can't help myself.  I prefer chili dogs.  My birthday meal of choice last year was chili dogs.  So, to start off the first of many blogs that I plan to post about Hawaii, the first will be about a little hot dog stand that we found out about and had to try, Hank's Haute Dog's.

It turned out to be exactly what I was hoping for.  There were many different kinds of hot dogs to choose from.  I personally tried four different kinds of hot dogs. (I didn't eat all of the four...they were split between four of us, just sayin)


From left to right, the chili dog, andouille, fat boy, and kobe.

Chili Dog: Chili, onions, cheese.
Andouille:  Served with cajun spiced mustard and grilled onions.
Fat Boy: Wrapped in bacon, deep fried and topped with lettuce, tomato, and onions.
Kobe:  Hoisin-ginger mustard, sesame napa cabbage, pickled daikon-carrot and furikake.

The weiner is....the fat boy by a land slide.  It is hard for me to choose something that doesn't have chili on it, bit the fat boy is deep fried people and DELICIOUSNESS!!!!  The kobe was second place, it was light and fresh, well as light as a hot dog can get.  I was not impressed by the chili dog and the andouille, but I feel like they didn't get a fair shot because by then my stomach was felling a little iffy.

I'm sad to say I didn't get a picture of the duck fat fries that you can get great dipping sauce with.  I tried the garlic aioli and wasabi tobiko creme.  I also ordered the truffle mac n cheese, but my stomach was way past its point to even try it.

Apparently, I missed an even better hot dog place called Pukadogs....I'll have to try that the next time I'm in Hawaii.





No comments:

Post a Comment