Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Mommy Dearest!

I would like to introduce my mom, Sharon, to my blog.

She is one of a kind...and I really mean this.  She has Multiple Sclerosis but it isn't a sad story.  She is full of life and her main goal everyday is to go to QuikTrip.  My mom LOVES QuikTrip.  Unfortunately, my mom and her conspirators(friends) at her nursing home have gotten into a little bit of trouble lately.  They strayed a little too far from the "home".  They decided to go to Walmart.  Apparently they think their scooters are cars.  They went all the way to the Walmart...which means they crossed a MAJOR highway and went many miles in Grapevine, TX to get there. 

Kindred, the nursing home, found out about this little outing and they put my mom's gang...we call them the Crips (in a nice, funny way).....on total lockdown.  They were in so much trouble.  They weren't even allowed to go to the QuikTrip that is in the same parking lot as Kindred.  My mom said that she was in jail, I told her she was just grounded and it was her own fault for going so far.

I am glad to say that my mom had recently passed her "driving test" on her scooter (I'm not really sure how cause she has seriously injured many driving that thing...poor Jackie Mobley) so now she is allowed to go to QuikTrip again on a daily basis....GO MOM!!!!  You go and enjoy that Dr. Pepper!!
Be careful people...she bites.  And yes, I think that QT cup is one galloner.

4 comments:

  1. Excuse me... it's DIET Dr. Pepper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm... You mean Quiktrip, right? Without the "C"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love me some Sharon! I think she's getting some good use out of the new wheels. The bright side is there's no car interior roof to sag over her head... Says the "flaky" girl. :-D

    ReplyDelete